• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

voluntary change of custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? newhampshire
my son is 14.i found out that he has been involved with drugs. he has been hanging out with the wrong crowed,failing in school,not following the rules of our home,and crossing the line of respect with me and his step dad.i have volunarily turned him over to his father. no court.i dont know if i have made the right decision. i set up a meeting with a family counsler for the 3 of us. his father wasnt going to go due to work. i said i would go with our son. my son refused to go if dad wasnt going. i feel that my son needs help.i am not getting cooporation that is needed.his father feels that he should have a chance without outside help. mind you i have had physical custody for 14yrs. his dad has not been the most active part of his life. he had his visits,vacations,the occasional calls.no real intrest in every day happinings,school,grades,hobbies. my son has not talk to me in 2 weeks. i am in need of some legal guidance. please respond the best you can thankyou.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential