• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Voluntary Reposession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PayrollHRGuy

They sent me the difference. So it went up for auction and the 6k is what is left over on the loan. Im in Rhode Island and the lemon law DOES apply to new used or leased. It says if you've tried to repair the same problem 3 times with no results you can file a complaint at the Attorney generals office. I just feel like the dealership that got me into this lease totally lied about the cars condition. I was under the impression that the car would last more than 6 months.
Well, you seem to have understood the law. Did you file the lemon law complaint with the AG?

Well, you seem to have understood the law. Did you file the lemon law complaint with the AG?
I haven't yet. Im all new to this and was basically wondering if anyone out there has had to do the same thing or knew anything about it. The car that got reposessed was basically the first real car I ever had first thing in my name etc. Im a 27 year old female from RI. Just wanted to be able to make it to work everday. So Im not going to lie i didnt truly know what i was getting myself into with this loan and the ridiculous high interest rate but I was prepared and able to make all the payments on time. I just really didnt expect it to have so many problems. Took it to Midas multiple times and it just seemed like everytime they fixed something it got worst. Eventually it wouldnt accelerate more than 5mph. I had to get rid of it. It was costing me way too much money and time from work.

One thing that you said strikes me as odd from post #5.
You owe 6K but; "or I can fill out a tax form and pay it in one lump sum of 3k"

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I haven't yet. Im all new to this and was basically wondering if anyone out there has had to do the same thing or knew anything about it. The car that got reposessed was basically the first real car I ever had first thing in my name etc. Im a 27 year old female from RI. Just wanted to be able to make it to work everday. So Im not going to lie i didnt truly know what i was getting myself into with this loan and the ridiculous high interest rate but I was prepared and able to make all the payments on time. I just really didnt expect it to have so many problems. Took it to Midas multiple times and it just seemed like everytime they fixed something it got worst. Eventually it wouldnt accelerate more than 5mph. I had to get rid of it. It was costing me way too much money and time from work.
You don't have a lemon law claim.

One thing that you said strikes me as odd from post #5.
You owe 6K but; "or I can fill out a tax form and pay it in one lump sum of 3k"
They called me and said that the difference that i owe is 6k and that i could pay them a minimum of 100 a month or pay it off come tax time with a lump sum of 3k.

They called me and said that the difference that i owe is 6k and that i could pay them a minimum of 100 a month or pay it off come tax time with a lump sum of 3k.
An option for a 50% discount if you pay a lump sum?
Maybe other forum members more in tune with the inner working of financial institutions can say if that is normal practice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">