• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wage Garnishment/Income Execution! Help...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brdmadgrrl

Junior Member
:confused: What is the name of your state? New York, NY

I received a "Notice of Garnishment/Income Execution" letter in the mail over the weekend from a NYC Marshall about a cc debt with Providian. I was about to send a letter of validation to the CA that had the debt and they beat me to it by turning over the debt to a marshal to collect. My question is -- Can I still request that the original CA validate this debt or is it too late?? What can I do?

I also posted in the recent past about a judgment and wage garnishment that Citibank had against me that I am now paying monthly so they will not go through with the wage garnishment. There is no way that I can afford to pay off these 2 judgments simultaneously along with huge student loans. I am really not sure what to do and what my options are. Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
:confused:
 


I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Senior Member
brdmadgrrl said:
:confused: What is the name of your state? New York, NY

I received a "Notice of Garnishment/Income Execution" letter in the mail over the weekend from a NYC Marshall about a cc debt with Providian. I was about to send a letter of validation to the CA that had the debt and they beat me to it by turning over the debt to a marshal to collect. My question is -- Can I still request that the original CA validate this debt or is it too late?? What can I do?

I also posted in the recent past about a judgment and wage garnishment that Citibank had against me that I am now paying monthly so they will not go through with the wage garnishment. There is no way that I can afford to pay off these 2 judgments simultaneously along with huge student loans. I am really not sure what to do and what my options are. Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
:confused:
My response:

There is no help for you. Simply, you were sued by Providian and you failed to appear. Providian received a default judgment and are now collecting.

Either get a better job or file for Bankruptcy.

IAAL
 

Rosita4366

Junior Member
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

There is no help for you. Simply, you were sued by Providian and you failed to appear. Providian received a default judgment and are now collecting.

Either get a better job or file for Bankruptcy.

IAAL
You go straight to the point huh :eek:
 

Ladynred

Senior Member
I was about to send a letter of validation to the CA that had the debt and they beat me to it by turning over the debt to a marshal to collect.
Validation will do you no good at this stage of the game. As IAAL stated, Providian sued you, you didn't go to court and probably didn't respond to the summons, and they won a default judgment against you. Its far, far too late for validation, you've already LOST. The CA didn't turnover anything to the marshall to collect. They filed a writ of garnishment with the court and the Marshall gets to execute that writ.

You can appeal the amount of the garnishment, but if your wages are ALREADY being garnished, Providian is going to have to wait in line until you're done paying off the first one to Citi. They cannot both garnish your wages for the full amount !

As IAAL stated, you have few choices - get another job to pay the judgments, negotiate payments to stop the garnishments - but they're not going to take anything less, or file for bankruptcy ASAP.
 

Veronica1228

Senior Member
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

I was wondering when you were going to see this thread. Before I die, I'm going to make my fetish come true. You watch and see.

IAAL
You'd better make it quick then because if your wife sees this she's going to kill you. :D
 

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Senior Member
Veronica1228 said:
You'd better make it quick then because if your wife sees this she's going to kill you. :D

My response:

No, she wouldn't. As a matter of fact, she'd join us. While I'm workin' the bottom half, she'd be workin' yours, and her, top half.

Then, we'd switch positions.

IAAL
 

Veronica1228

Senior Member
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

No, she wouldn't. As a matter of fact, she'd join us. While I'm workin' the bottom half, she'd be workin' yours, and her, top half.

Then, we'd switch positions.

IAAL
Let's all just play Naked Twister with Butter Flavored Crisco, and I'll bring my bf too. ;)
 

Veronica1228

Senior Member
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Oh, please . . .

Leave Dufus at home.

IAAL
Hey! You'd better be nice to him if you want him to give me permission to participate. After all, he's the man and I have to listen to what he says.
 

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">
Top