• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wage Garnishment/Income Execution! Help...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brdmadgrrl

:confused: What is the name of your state? New York, NY

I received a "Notice of Garnishment/Income Execution" letter in the mail over the weekend from a NYC Marshall about a cc debt with Providian. I was about to send a letter of validation to the CA that had the debt and they beat me to it by turning over the debt to a marshal to collect. My question is -- Can I still request that the original CA validate this debt or is it too late?? What can I do?

I also posted in the recent past about a judgment and wage garnishment that Citibank had against me that I am now paying monthly so they will not go through with the wage garnishment. There is no way that I can afford to pay off these 2 judgments simultaneously along with huge student loans. I am really not sure what to do and what my options are. Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :confused:

zippysgoddess

Did you get notice that they were filing a suit against you? They could not garnish without a judgment against you from the court, and if they didn't have the judgment, a Marshall would not act on it. Sounds like you ignored too many letters, and are too late, validation now will do you no good, you should have done all that before they sued you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">