• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wage garnishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



minnesota, i owe unemployment taxes from 93 & 94, they are now garnishing my pay check how can i get out of this and isnt it to old or should i just let them collect all?


Senior Member
Since these are unemployment taxes, I assume that they are being enforced by a taxing authority. If this is correct, the taxing 'folks' can pretty much do as they need to get the overdue funds.

Most state governments exempt taxing authorities from a lot of the prohibitions, since they are in fact collecting for the public accounts (read taxpayers).

Usually little you can do in this case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential