• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wages going to the wrong account.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Namhark

Good morning everyone. I recently picked up a second job about 2 months ago and had not had the chance to set up my direct deposit (I know). Today I went in to set it up, and I saw another account listed, that I had not put in, that had been receiving my wages for the last 2 months. The account is listed under Axos Bank (BofI). I do not even own an account with that bank and had never even typed in an account in the first place, so there is 0% chance I did it by accident. How could this have happened? What are my rights as far as receiving the pay I have lost over the last 2 months.

PayrollHRGuy

Have you contacted the payroll department of the employer? There is a chance that this may be a pay card account set up by the employer because you didn't enter account information.

How did it take you 2 months to notice you weren't getting a check?

Namhark

I picked up this job more of a side gig than anything else. Im doing pretty good financially and was not worried about the pay when I got the job, its more for fun. I am going to contact them today and see what happens. Thank you for your reply!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">