• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Waiting on SSI Decision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hello I applied for SSI on March 8 2018 my application was sent to DDS on April 4 I just recently attend two C.E exams last month one on the 19 and 24.. Well this past Saturday my social security account updated a new section called report wages for SSI I don’t have a job currently due to my mental health I had to quit. So when I go to click submit a pay stub it says no job on record. My examiner just got my reports back one on June 1 and the other one yesterday she’s still reviewing and decision is pending. But why would the report wages appear on my account? Also my friend and her husband doesn’t have that tab and they don’t receive any benefits so it has to mean something right? Anyone know?

Janke

It is an update to the online system. Yours SSN just updated sooner than your friends. There is no meaning other than that. Every single time SSA updates the electronic system, there is a glitch or two or a dozen.

Well on another forum there's been a few other people that had gotten the same update and they all seem to be approved waiting on there letter which was sent out on June 1 and some people that are waiting for desicion didn't update. So I'm just guessing maybe I'm a approved from the DDS side but it's not showing up on SSA side!

Janke

SSA and DDS system are intertwined. It is unlikely that the DDS decision would not automatically post to the SSA record. If it doesn't, it is because it rejected and has some systems exception that needs to be fixed. But I can't stop you from drawing the conclusion you want from the little bit of evidence you have.

Got an update I finally grew the balls to call my DDS examiner! I asked if she finally got my reports in! Just to be nosy lol she was very nice and said yes I did get those in! She said that she would be finishing up today or by Monday said something about final reviewing and that she got it in pretty quick said she will be doing the finishing touches to send it back to social security! I asked if that means I will be approved she really didn’t say but I take it lol! And she wanted to make sure my address was correct!! Here’s to hoping!!

Sunshine322

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hello I applied for SSI on March 8 2018 my application was sent to DDS on April 4 I just recently attend two C.E exams last month one on the 19 and 24.. Well this past Saturday my social security account updated a new section called report wages for SSI I don’t have a job currently due to my mental health I had to quit. So when I go to click submit a pay stub it says no job on record. My examiner just got my reports back one on June 1 and the other one yesterday she’s still reviewing and decision is pending. But why would the report wages appear on my account? Also my friend and her husband doesn’t have that tab and they don’t receive any benefits so it has to mean something right? Anyone know?
Hi mz. Nicole. I am also a member of your other forum lol.. I too had the report wages tab appear on mines this week. I went searching for answers this week and found your other post. Have been following it. I myself am 8 months into waiting on a appeal at the ajl level. This week i received a letter from odar asking for me to fill out forms and look at my cd. It said they want to try for a OTR decision. It says my claim is being expedited. So i dont know what to make of it. I wonder if anyone received this letter and was approved. I have searched forums. But most peoples letter that came with a cd was worded diffrent2 than mines.. Anyways im following you as id like the same info about the wage reporting..

Janke

So both Mizz and Sunshine had the report wages tab appear on their MySSA website and neither have gotten a disability decision yet. Mizz is waiting for the DDS analyst and Sunshine's ODAR case is being expedited, so no decision. Guess we can wait to see who else chimes in.

I am willing to go out on a limb and say this new tab has nothing to do with a pending DDS or ODAR decision. Nothing whatsoever.

This is an upgrade (overdue IMO) to the MySSA website to allow an electronic method of reporting wages. My guess is that there has to be someone at SSA who sets up the information with the name of the employer once the wage report is called in. After that, the wages can be entered on this system and somehow will magically appear on SSA's programs as well. Sounds like a very good update and should make it easier to process timely work CDR's after the end of a TWP.

My sister also has the wage reporting she is a representative payee for her son that receives SSI..When I click to submit pay stub I get no job on record I’m not working at the moment! I’m not sure why they would want our wages with a pending decision.only thing I got was that’s for when your approved or been approved and they wanna know about your wages!!

Janke

It is not personal. It is an upgrade to the online system. Just happened to update when you are trying to read between the lines. SSA doesn't just upgrade one person at a time; that would be inefficient. There are probably lots of recipients who are happy that this upgrade was done so they can report their wages from the comfort of their home rather than stand in line at the local office. No doubt there will be more upgrades to MySSA as time goes on. You also don't require a benefit verification, but if you were receiving SSDI, you would be happy to be able to do so at MySSA without going to the office. This is a good thing. In the not too distant past, there was no MySSA and you had to rely on phone calls and letters for status.

And the sister has a child on SSI and she got the wage reporting tab. Two not receiving benefits and one receiving. No pattern here. I bet she is happy to be able to use it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">