• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

waiting period , pre-existing conditions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

russ12

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? florida

good afternoon--

what is the legal longest health insurance waiting period before coverage , for a surgery, including also a possible pre-existing condition?

thank you,
russell

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Is the health care currently in effect an employer sponsored group plan or an individual plan? Same question for the old insurance coverage (if there was previous coverage).

It makes a difference to the answer.

R

russ12

thanks cbg---

there is no previous or current insurance., but an individual plan is being looked at.

russell

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then I don't know the answer. HIPAA would not apply so any limits would be set by state law.

Have you tried calling the state insurance commission?

T

terry32561

Waiting period

If this is an individual plan in Florida and you have a problem now you may not get the plan or have an exclusionary rider placed on that policy for that condition and it not be covered at all. Most, but not all insurance companies writing individual plans in Florida have a 24 month pre existing clause that states any treatments, diagnosis or manifestations in the past 24 months are not covered for the first 24 months after policy issue. Hoped this helped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">