• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Waiver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HomeMike

What is the name of your state? FL

A while back some people expressed that they could possibly make me responsible for some debt that they have against a company and friend that has passed.

Now we are doing a deal together that makes everybody happy. They are willing to sign that all possible old stuff is gone by that.

I do not expect you to consult me on this, but as I do not speak "legalesse" I would like to know if you are able to understand this wording:

Except as to the obligations of this Agreement, each Party, and their heirs, legal representatives, successors, hereby fully release, acquit, remise, and forever discharge John Doe LLC, John Doe, his heirs, Jane Doe LLC and Jane Doe, from any and all claims, demands, suits, debts, dues, contracts, accounts, agreements, promises, damages, interest, attorney’s fees and causes of action of whatever kind or nature, including all unknown, unforeseen, unanticipated and unsuspected claims or causes of action and the consequences thereof, as well as those now disclosed and known to exist, whether asserted or not asserted.

Thanks!

adjusterjack

I would like to know if you are able to understand this wording:

Except as to the obligations of this Agreement, each Party, and their heirs, legal representatives, successors, hereby fully release, acquit, remise, and forever discharge John Doe LLC, John Doe, his heirs, Jane Doe LLC and Jane Doe, from any and all claims, demands, suits, debts, dues, contracts, accounts, agreements, promises, damages, interest, attorney’s fees and causes of action of whatever kind or nature, including all unknown, unforeseen, unanticipated and unsuspected claims or causes of action and the consequences thereof, as well as those now disclosed and known to exist, whether asserted or not asserted.
Yes, I am able to understand it. It's pretty standard wording in liability claim releases whereby an injured person accepts X dollars compensation and releases the other party from any further claims.

Whether you accept the agreement with that wording is up to you. I also suggest that you consult an attorney

HomeMike

Thanks. I appreciate your help! I am the one who wants to be protected.

The chance of them suing me is very slim, my friend passed 2014.

The new business deal is only about $1500 (three people get 500 each) and the lawyer wanted 350.

I am just slipping it in as I asked for it and they agree to sign such a clause. I am in a good position.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">