• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

waiving provisions of 426.10 and 426.30. What does that mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daverock

What is the name of your state? CAlifornia

hello, first time poster, here so I'll thank you in advance,.

I've received a property damage release to sign that came along with a settlement check for an auto insurance related claim, where my car was damaged by another. My insurance is was not involved, only the other driver's. His insurance and myself have come to a settlement agreement and they are paying me for the valuation of my vehicle, they are not totaling the car.

On the damage release I am too sign, it states " I hereby expressly waive the provisions of Sections 426.10 and 426.30 of the Civil Code of Procedure for California....."
I've researched those two sections, but I don't understand what waiving them actually means to me. Can you please explain?

thanks
daverock

quincy

What is the name of your state? CAlifornia

hello, first time poster, here so I'll thank you in advance,.

I've received a property damage release to sign that came along with a settlement check for an auto insurance related claim, where my car was damaged by another. My insurance is was not involved, only the other driver's. His insurance and myself have come to a settlement agreement and they are paying me for the valuation of my vehicle, they are not totaling the car.

On the damage release I am too sign, it states " I hereby expressly waive the provisions of Sections 426.10 and 426.30 of the Civil Code of Procedure for California....."
I've researched those two sections, but I don't understand what waiving them actually means to me. Can you please explain?

thanks
daverock
By signing, you are waiving (giving up) the right to file against the other party any additional claim arising from the incident. The settlement ends the matter.

daverock

thank you for the explanation, I assumed that was what it was about, but was not certain. much appreciated.

D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">