• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WALK-THROUGH ITEMS STILL PENDING

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DAVID10953

Walk through items still pendings

My husband and I are from Miami, florida.
We purchased a new condo in January 1999 but they were constructing it and did not move until July 2000. The developer has one year to comply with walk through items and after several letters he will no comply. Where can I take this matter? The year is going to be on July2001.
Thanks for any help

D

DAVID10953

walk through items

Thank you very much for your advice Sir. We appreciate it.
David and Nancy Jane

A much recommended way to handle this type of situation for future buyers: set a certain amount of money in escrow at closing. Your realtor can tell you how to handle that. Then when the builder has the items fixed, you sign off and the builder gets his check. We recommend this in Texas because there are so many builders running behind schedule and they don't always want to go back and fix the items. I know that doesn't help you now, but maybe someone in this same situation. Now you have to take them to court at this point. Best of luck.

D

DAVID10953

Thank you very much for your reply we appreciated.
Also, Do you know if it will be very expensive to take the developer to court, or I can do it without an Attorney?

Thanks again for your kind help.

Sincerly

Nancy and David Jane

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">