• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

walking home drunk from a bar.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FKDApolice

What is the name of your state? PA

I was just wondering.... occasionally I go to a local bar, get pretty hammered and then walk home (at least im not driving). If a cop ever stopped me when I was walking home could I get some kind of alcohol charge (assuming im not causing problems -just walking).

Rochelle

More than likely, if you get "hammered", what you would be doing is staggering. Which makes you a danger to yourself. You could stagger into traffic and be hit, or you could pass out and be hit or robbed or worse.

F

FKDApolice

ok, lets say I am not staggering - i usually wait until I am a little sober (but not enough to drive). And I am walking with friends in a small suburban town with a licensed firearm for protection(9mm).

There has to be some way to get home from the bar when there is no taxi or designated driver.

F

FKDApolice

BTW how does a cop know if you are drunk - is there a legal limit for walking in this f-ed up legal system.

Rochelle

I think I know what your poster name says. I paid no attention to it until your attitude brought it to my attention.

Sorry. No more replies are forthcoming. Have a nice day.

F

FKDApolice

You would have the same name if some a-whole cop brought you to court for some a drug charge that you did not commit. Anyway I guess I can change my name now because atleast the judge saw past the cops arrogance and my charges were dropped. BTW i was charged with possession of paraphanalia for having rolling papers in my car. NOTHING else was found except there was a "suspicious" leaf in the car that turned out to be nothing more than a leaf. So, i can lose the attittude (as well as the name) now that I won my case. Thankyou, have a nice day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">