• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want job change/relocation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? IL

I recently was diagnosed with cancer. I have been told by my physician, that any stress reduction in my life, would greatly help my condition. I am in management now with my current employer. I would like to ask for a transfer of positions (out of management) to reduce the stress in my life from this position. I am actually asking for a "demotion". Do I have the right to do this, and can my employer refuse my request and actually terminate me? I know that there is position open in another area, and that I am qualified for that position. What are my options? Thank you What is the name of your state? IL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential