• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

want out of Union

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I had a 3 man electrical non union company for many years. Picked up a new contractor that required me to hire 2 more people. with in 3 weeks of hiring the new employees they signed union cards with the IBEW when myself and 2 original employees were off work on a Friday of a long weekend. They wanted to get into the union but the union was not hiring individuals but would take a company.

with in a week of the union taking a hold of my company my 2 original employees ( who were not going to sign) were forced to leave and the 2 new employees also left, leaving me on my own as a non union electrician working for my own now unionized company.

I would really like to get my company out of this union that I wanted nothing to do with in the first place.
This has been going on for several years now.

Thank you

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I would really like to get my company out of this union that I wanted nothing to do with in the first place.
Does the company have a collective bargaining agreement (CBA) with the union? What difficulties does the company have with having union membership? How is the company organized — sole proprietorship, LLC, corporation, or something else?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">