• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

want to find out if someone bought policy on my child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ruthalittle

What is the name of your state? Illinois. I may be suspicious over nothing, but my daughter has sparked a bit of paranoia towards my ex husband & his wife. I wonder if there is any way to find out if my ex husband or his wife have purchased a life insurance policy on our 16 year old daughter.We share joint legal custody, I have physical custody. I would rest easier if I knew for certain.

ALawyer

Purchase of life insurance requires that the purchaser have an insurable interest in the life of the insured. Here it seems onlt the parents and/or guardians might have such an interest. You'd have to ask them -- and if you can't trust their answer (YOU said you were a bit paranoid) -- if there is a legal matter pending you may be able to get the court to compel them to make disclosure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">