• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

want to have contact

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lisk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas. My cousin adopted a child last year. My family spent a lot of time with this child and have become quite fond of him. Things were going on that she didn't tell anyone and last month, she decided to terminate the adoption. My heart is broken for all and we miss this child.
We didn't see the side that he displayed at home. We would like to be able to reach out to him but don't know if CPS will allow it. He is i n a residential treatment center two hours away.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas. My cousin adopted a child last year. My family spent a lot of time with this child and have become quite fond of him. Things were going on that she didn't tell anyone and last month, she decided to terminate the adoption. My heart is broken for all and we miss this child.
We didn't see the side that he displayed at home. We would like to be able to reach out to him but don't know if CPS will allow it. He is i n a residential treatment center two hours away.
What do you mean she terminated the adoption? Did she already relinquish her rights? If so, then CPS most likely will NOT allow you contact. If she hasn't, you can ask about kinship care if you want to parent this child.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Kiddo is in an RTC (residential treatment facility.) I can guarantee you that there is so much more to the story that you don't know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">