• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wanted: Sherlock Holmes case: Niagra falls in Virginia Condo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gmccarth

What is the name of your state? No. Virginia / 5-10 gallons water fall into my condo bathroom 3x. I call HOA Emergency. Plumbers come. 1st time - says it's the upstairs owner's washer and will snake the backup. 2nd time- Master Plumber opens my ceiling and goes upstairs to run water but can't get more water to come. He runs sink, toilet, shower, and washer. NO water. He repeats all but still no water. He thinks this unit is all clear - might be other unit but not home so he goes. later more water so I go up they are running shower. I ask they turn it off and water stops. Next day (3rd Visit) orig. plumber gets into unit above and into wall panel not allowed to before to view pipes from back and determines problem is tub and should be replaced. Unit owner ok's replacement. I saw old tub - it had 1" hole next to drain. How was it ever missed on 2 prior visits? Their Homeowners Insurance seems to blame HOA for prblem. Claim and my damages still unmatched. Offered 50% -I turned it down. HELP Please advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">