• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wanting out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MajSowell

What is the name of your state? texas

how do i go about getting an emancipation? i want out! please out. I'm 16. do i have to get one if i have my mother's permission to move out?

Wolflmg

Would you be able to support yourself 100%?

You would need a full time job
Pay for everything your mother pays for you now
Pay rent of apartment, where you would live alone
Must provide court with a good reason as why they should let you be on your own

MajSowell

Could I???

I understand that I would have to get a full time job. But, I am okay with that. I would probably work at Wal*Mart from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. and then go to school from 7:30 until 3. Go home do my homework. Take shower, and what not. The go to sleep. Wake up, go to work, do it all over again. I know that it will be hard, but I am ready to execept that. I am going to ahve to do it anyways after I graduate, which is only in a year. The way I see it, I am just trying to grow up to quickly. I have been like that all my life.
If I was to work full time, then I can have the money to pay for my necessaries, rent, insurance and what not.
I never wanted to live alone, but inr eality I can't do anything but that right now. I need to get away. I want to get away.
Is, being emotionally and physically beat a good enough reason.
Can my mother just sign saying that I am on my own, or do we have to go through the whole court system. Because, right now it is either be given to the state, or move out on my own.
And we don't want to whave to go through courts and ****.

Happy Trails

MajSowell said:

I understand that I would have to get a full time job. But, I am okay with that. I would probably work at Wal*Mart from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. and then go to school from 7:30 until 3. Go home do my homework. Take shower, and what not. The go to sleep. Wake up, go to work, do it all over again. I know that it will be hard, but I am ready to execept that. I am going to ahve to do it anyways after I graduate, which is only in a year. The way I see it, I am just trying to grow up to quickly. I have been like that all my life.
If I was to work full time, then I can have the money to pay for my necessaries, rent, insurance and what not.
I never wanted to live alone, but inr eality I can't do anything but that right now. I need to get away. I want to get away.
Is, being emotionally and physically beat a good enough reason.
Can my mother just sign saying that I am on my own, or do we have to go through the whole court system. Because, right now it is either be given to the state, or move out on my own.
And we don't want to whave to go through courts and ****.
You need to contact CPS. You could also talk to your school counselor. If they find abuse is going on in the home, you will be placed somewhere, where it will be safe for you.

http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Protection/About_Child_Protective_Services/

Emancipation is extremely difficult and rare. (See below)

http://www.bostoncoop.net/lcd/emancipation/texas.html

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
No, see "I would probably" isn't going to get you anywhere. You need to prove to the judge that you are ALREADY able to support yourself 100%. Not that you "probably" could.

If you're being abused, you need to report it.

T

titansfan

wait till youre 18

you wont be able to rent an apt untill youre 18. no landlord is going to rent an apt to a 16 yr old.i think you should wait till you are 18, save some money, then move out

sugarsnacks

Emancipation is SUPER hard. Im trying to get it right now, but by the time that id get it, is about the time that id age out and turn 18. Working that schedule will KILL you, and you'll end up dropping out.

wait, save some money, work, get some maturity (it takes maturity and responsibility to make this work.) and THEN move out.

oh, and call cps. if you are honestly THAT unhappy, they'll put you in a nice foster care home, pay for everything and on top of that, you'll get free college.

lizzy

tide200

First you want to be with a 29 yr old and now you want out on your own? I think you might need some counseling. Good luck to you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As soon as any judge found out about the 29 year old, even though he's now out of the picture, any chance of emancipation would go right out the window.

MajSowell

Replying

I won't drop out. I know that you don't believe me now.
I called CPS and nothing happened. I have been in the hospital 3 times and I'm in counseling. I have taken control of my life thank you.
This is supposed to be an advice forum. Legal advice. Not personal. Thank you.
-MajSowell

MajSowell

My Father

Obvious, I guess you would think so. My father commited suicide when I was 3 years old. So you tell me.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">