• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wanting to Adopt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?:confused: Ok im pretty confussed here and dont know who to contact about information on adoption. My husband and I live in Micigan and have been wanting children for a long while, we know of a woman in Texas through our neice that is currently 8 months pregnant who wants to put her baby up for adoption as easily as possible, no agencies etc. What exactly is legal and what are the steps to take? Can this be done without Agencies, lawyers etc? Can we file papers? or is an attorney definately needed?The woman has expressed that she is currently hiding the pregnancy at the moment and would like to keep it as quiet as possible with NO contact after the adoption is final as not to upset the rest of her family. Please help, everything I find on the internet seems so Vague and arent very helpful, and we do so want everything to be legal as we are running out of time and the Birthmother says if we have not got things in order when the time comes for the baby to be born, she will leave it at the hospital. Any information would be helpful.


Under the Radar Member
Adoption really isn't a do-it-yourself project. While her family isn't a factor, the father of the child is, and would have to be contacted.


Senior Member
Get an attorney and an expdited Home Study - it will probably not be done in time. but you can try..

Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential