• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wanting to Divorce wife. She had Legally changed her entire name. How to fill out Paper work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
It is a written recording filed with the state that memorialized the event.
I know this is splitting hairs to some extent, but what I was getting at in part was that the filing was with the county, not the state. The county and the state are not one and the same. :D

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I know this is splitting hairs to some extent, but what I was getting at in part was that the filing was with the county, not the state. The county and the state are not one and the same. :D
The information I provided was from the Colorado State AG's office. There are many things that are valid at the state level that are filed and/or administered by the county. For example (and this is in my state), my Notary Public commission is filed with the county but is recognized and valid state-wide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">