• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wanting to get out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky1986

What is the name of your state? SC

My husband is in basic training at fort jackson and as soon as he got there he realize this was a big mistake and he wants out asap and they also changed his MOS and gave him a job he DOES NOT want. He wants to go awol but I have talked him out of it. What can you do if you want to get out. Comments please
He also flatfooted too if that helps. He wants the quickest way out.

JETX

bluesky1986 said:
My husband is in basic training at fort jackson and as soon as he got there he realize this was a big mistake and he wants out asap and they also changed his MOS and gave him a job he DOES NOT want. He wants to go awol but I have talked him out of it. What can you do if you want to get out. Comments please
He also flatfooted too if that helps. He wants the quickest way out.
He can shoot himself. That is a pretty quick way 'out'.
Or he can rob the payroll office. That will get him out of boot camp.
Or, he can go slap a general.
Or, he can call his sargeant a 'gay *******'.
How many more do you need??

bluesky1986

JETX said:

What I need are serious reponses please

BelizeBreeze

JETX said:
Only if he's already gone through live fire so he knows which end of the gun to point where.
Not based on the rate of pay these days. Hell, he'd be lucky if it's a misdemeanor.
Better hope the general isn't into S&M otherwise he just might trade his stripe for a leather thong and the rank of "BITCH".
See above.
Farm animals work wonders :D

R

revere787

tell him to request an entry level seperation from his commander. They will tell him no, and that he cant, but if he puts up a fuss and complains everyday and ask to see the commander everyday, and ask for one, they will get sick of him and give him one. Tell him to tell them, thats military life is not for him, they will say give it a chance, tell him to say he has and he does not want it or like it. He needs to keep his ground and demand it, not back off b/c they will give him a hard time at first to try to keep him in, dont let him get bullied.

bluesky1986

revere787 said:
tell him to request an entry level seperation from his commander. They will tell him no, and that he cant, but if he puts up a fuss and complains everyday and ask to see the commander everyday, and ask for one, they will get sick of him and give him one. Tell him to tell them, thats military life is not for him, they will say give it a chance, tell him to say he has and he does not want it or like it. He needs to keep his ground and demand it, not back off b/c they will give him a hard time at first to try to keep him in, dont let him get bullied.
Thank you so much for that info.
If anyone else has postive reponses I'm all ears.

bluesky1986

Can someone break this down for me about going awol. I know what it means and all. I just dont understand about the whole 30-60 days waiting to get drop from rolls. And what about going to canada, from what I heard they dont turn you over to the US right. And if you were to go to canada how soon should you go there from going awol.

R

revere787

listen, going to canada will do him no good. awol is ( absent without leave). After 7 days of leaving you are awol, after 30 you are a deserter. Being dfr(dropped from the rolls) usually is after 30 days, but depends on the situation could be longer. Once he is dfr, that means a warrant will be put out for his arrest, but the army will not, I stress will not come looking for him, they will send a letter and probaly call, but they wont come and kick your door down, but if he got pulled over and his license was ran then it would come up that the military was looking for him. After the 30 days or so, he can call the deserter hotline to find out if he was dropped from the rolls. The # is....1-502-626-3711. once he is dfr, he can go to fort sill and turn himself in. anything is possible, but most likely he will ge an administrative discharge or referred as a chapter 10. He will be sent home with an " other than honorable discharge". If he arrived on a monday or tuesday he would be sent home by friday. If your wondering why so quick, its b/c they mail your discharge papers to you, while your waiitng, they have you on leave status. He is not gonna be sent to jail. The negative things about a " chapter 10" is that the person 1. will get a re4 on his dd-214(discharge papers) which means he could never enlist in any military again, which dont bother most people, but 2. he also cant qualify for federal loans, and 3. it looks bad to some employers. When turning himself in to fort sill, nothing is a gurantee but most likely he will get the chapter 10, or chaptered out and the chances of him going to jail is about 1 in a billion and the going rate is like 30 days. You can call the G.I rights hotline also, they are a non-profit group of volunteers to help g.i's and their families with advice on situations...the # is.......1-800-394-9544.

bluesky1986

revere787 said:
listen, going to canada will do him no good. awol is ( absent without leave). After 7 days of leaving you are awol, after 30 you are a deserter. Being dfr(dropped from the rolls) usually is after 30 days, but depends on the situation could be longer. Once he is dfr, that means a warrant will be put out for his arrest, but the army will not, I stress will not come looking for him, they will send a letter and probaly call, but they wont come and kick your door down, but if he got pulled over and his license was ran then it would come up that the military was looking for him. After the 30 days or so, he can call the deserter hotline to find out if he was dropped from the rolls. The # is....1-502-626-3711. once he is dfr, he can go to fort sill and turn himself in. anything is possible, but most likely he will ge an administrative discharge or referred as a chapter 10. He will be sent home with an " other than honorable discharge". If he arrived on a monday or tuesday he would be sent home by friday. If your wondering why so quick, its b/c they mail your discharge papers to you, while your waiitng, they have you on leave status. He is not gonna be sent to jail. The negative things about a " chapter 10" is that the person 1. will get a re4 on his dd-214(discharge papers) which means he could never enlist in any military again, which dont bother most people, but 2. he also cant qualify for federal loans, and 3. it looks bad to some employers. When turning himself in to fort sill, nothing is a gurantee but most likely he will get the chapter 10, or chaptered out and the chances of him going to jail is about 1 in a billion and the going rate is like 30 days. You can call the G.I rights hotline also, they are a non-profit group of volunteers to help g.i's and their families with advice on situations...the # is.......1-800-394-9544.

Why isnt going to canada not a good idea
Also thanks for all the info.

BelizeBreeze

revere787 said:
What an idiotic reply.

Of course there is a place they will put his ass if he pulls this. It's in Kansas. Now do you want to tell him the name of this little vacation spot?

R

revere787

canada is not a good idea, b/c running from the problem forever will not help. Face it and get it taken care of. As far as belizebreeze, i dont know what your problem it but i highly ****en doubt they are gonna send any one to fort leavenworth for awol from basic you *******. you obvious have nothing better to do with your time than try to scare people and make them feel like **** for things they have done and they want to fix. If someone does not want to be in the military, they should let them out, just like you quit a job if you dont like it. But b/c they give ppl a hard time about it, they go to the extreme and go awol. You can comment anything you want, but for real, if your gonna be sarcastic, and a jerk, why even responde b/c no body wants to hear it.im sure im not the only one on this forum who is sick of jerks like you. there has been a dozen situations on this in the last couple months of pple turning themselves in for awol, has any of them gone to jail...noooo.

DRTDEVL

revere787 said:
If someone does not want to be in the military, they should let them out, just like you quit a job if you dont like it. But b/c they give ppl a hard time about it, they go to the extreme and go awol.

Hmm... Now we know where your moral standing is. HE SIGNED A CONTRACT! This is not your average employment. Desertion is a BREACH of that contract. He gave his WORD as a man that he would serve XXX number years, months, and days in the Armed Forces of the United States.

A man only has 2 things in life... His WORD and his BALLS. Anyone who goes AWOL has lost everything... Their WORD is now worthless, and they didn't have the BALLS to face their situation!

Everyone here posting about Canada is mistaken... Canada DOES NOT HOUSE DESERTERS! Did you all forget about the asylum hearings for those that went AWOL in 2002? They were all returned to their units! Canada does not want them, either.

So, once again... QUIT IGNORING THE QUESTION! What are you not telling us? The Army does not just arbitrarily change someone's MOS... Either he did something to warrant the change, or he concealed something in his past to make him ineligible for a required clearance for his MOS.

Being flatfooted is a farce... It is no longer a disqualifier. Tell your husband to be a man, and live up to his word!

Crazed98

bluesky1986 said:
Thank you so much for that info.
If anyone else has postive reponses I'm all ears.

Don't listen to revere787 he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Explain more about your husband's situation and you will be helped.

JETX

Crazed98 said:
Don't listen to revere787 he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Explain more about your husband's situation and you will be helped.
Gee, since you are the well known forum troll with NO legal knowledge or experience, I find it particularly funny that you say to not listen to someone else.

Especially since the post you are deriding is common sense and clearly accurate. :D
Yet, your "don't listen" warning offers NOTHING to even suggest that revere's post is wrong or that he "doesn't know what he is talking about".
Me thinks your ignorant ass is showing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">