• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wanting to trade .75 acre of land for a mobile home need help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seether038

I am in SC. My wife and I and 2 children have been renting from the same person for 7 years. A couple of years ago we purchased outright the empty lot across the street from us it is a .75 acre lot. Our name is on the deed we own it clean and clear. I am wanting to pretty much trade this .75 acre lot for the mobile home that we are living in now. We will be allowed to keep the mobile home here and pay $100 a month in lot rent..My landlord has the title for the mobile home and is ready to trade me but we are both somewhat lost on how to do this process? Do I just sign a quitclaim deed over to him? and he sign his title over to me? Any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

adjusterjack

Do I just sign a quitclaim deed over to him? and he sign his title over to me?
That's only part of it.

You will need a written lease regarding the continued rental of the space that the mobile home is on.

Even with that, it's an incredibly bad idea to make that kind of deal because you and your newly owned mobile home can be tossed off the property when the lease expires or sooner for any number of reasons and if you have to move the mobile home somewhere else it's going to cost you $5000 to $10,000 to move it if it's even possible to move an old mobile home.

I suggest you think about all the things that can go wrong with this deal and then don't do it.

You own 3/4 of an acre free and clear. Buy yourself a mobile home and plant it there. Then you own the land and the home and are not at the mercy of some property owner who might turn on you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">