• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wanting to Upgrade RE-4

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KFrenzel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I know some may wonder, why, after all this time, do I inquire about this now. I am probably too old now to return to service, but if there is ANY chance, I would jump on it. Here's my dilema:

I enlisted straight into the Navy Reserves in 2003. I went through a short basic training at the time called the "Acceleration". My basic training was 17 days in total. I received a basic training certificate of graduation. That was in 2004.
In 2005, I had to have emergency surgery and was under doctors care from 05 May to 05 Aug. I was not allowed to travel more than 30 minutes from home unless to my dr appt. My Reserve unit was 2.5 hours away. I had a medical liaison that I faxed all my paperwork to upon being discharged from the hospital. I faxed it to his place of employment where he said he got it. When I returned to drill in Sept, I was greeted with puzzled looks. Upon inquiry, I was informed that no paperwork had been received and for the months of May to Aug, I received UAs and after not showing for drill in August, they started my paperwork for Admin Sep and it could not be withdrawn. I was heartbroken but I did not think there was anything I could do. Five years later (2011), I finally received a copy of a page 13 entry that stated I was discharged 060506. Characterization: General Reason for Sep: Unsatisfactory Participation and received an RE4. I have never, nor will I ever, receive a DD214 due to the only "active duty" time that I had was my 17 days at boot camp. Except for this incident, the time I was able to do my Reserve training, I never had any reprimands and received a fairly high EVAL. My rank at the time was E4.
Is there anyone that can steer me in the right direction on
1. If I can get it upgraded from RE4 to at least RE3?
2. If I can get it upgraded from General to GUH?
and
3. Is there any possibility to return to service (any branch) at the age of 44?

I have no criminal history, no drug history, I have a CDL with HAZMAT, Double/Triples, Tanker as well as a passport and TWIC, so passing a background check would not be a problem. I also have a BS Degree.

Any direction would be great!!! I live in Texas (actually near Ft Hood lol) so if there is a chance I can return to the military, let me know if there is a recruiter close by. Thank you all in advance

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I see many holes & inconsistencies with your story. However, here is a link to the Navy Discharge Review Board (15 Years from date of your Discharge:
http://www.secnav.navy.mil/mra/CORB/pages/ndrb/default.aspx

From my you say in your post, it would seem to me that you get ALL your Doctors Records that you say you sent but was never received; get them ALL
in chronological Order and they MUST be Certified and Notarized by these Doctor's and or their predecessors to expedite the matter. Hopefully other
that have much more experience than I do may weigh in and help! Shorty Out!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">