• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warez - police raids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

korax0071

Hi I am from canada and was recently involved in police raids for operation sitedown a fbi sting operation. My home was raided and several things taken from me including 4 monitors, pc, latpop, speakers, mouse,keyboards,cables, bank dvds even retail payed for things. I haven't been charged with anything at this time and from my understanding they must give me back my items within 90 days if arrests aren't made. sept 28th will be 90 days. They took alot of things not usefull to them for this case including speakers,monitors,cables really they only need my latpop and computer. i do beleive there is a way of getting these items back but iam unsure of how to do so. Also during there raid they took me to the station and told me i couldn't leave even though i wasn't under arrest is this not illegal?
If somebody could help me i would greatly appreciate it.

divgradcurl

U.S. Law only. You really need to be talking with a lawyer anyway at this point -- go find a local attorney to help you out.

Son of Slam

korax0071 said:
My home was raided and several things taken ...really they only need my latpop and computer...

Well, that about sums it up. Does it not? I mean like, why should we help a criminal?

Meanlife

FBI Raids

Hey Son of Slam,

You do not have to be a criminal for the FBI to take your property. How naive can you be!! Do you think those goons don't make mistakes. Their history is full of screw-ups and then trying to cover their tracks. They raided my house to and took two computers and hundreds of DVDs and other things. Nothing was illegal or unlicensed. It has been almost 4 months and not a word from them. I called them several time and found them to be completely arrogant and incompetent. I think they all have Phys Ed degrees and not an ounce of common sense among them. The US Federal Attorney is not much better. How long does it take to "evaluate evidence"? They are idiots. There is a meth problem - missing kids and not to mention real terrorists among us but these morons are spending incredible resources looking for pirated DVDs or something - they won’t even say - maybe they don't know!!

BelizeBreeze

Meanlife said:
Hey Son of Slam,

You do not have to be a criminal for the FBI to take your property. How naive can you be!! Do you think those goons don't make mistakes. Their history is full of screw-ups and then trying to cover their tracks. They raided my house to and took two computers and hundreds of DVDs and other things. Nothing was illegal or unlicensed. It has been almost 4 months and not a word from them. I called them several time and found them to be completely arrogant and incompetent. I think they all have Phys Ed degrees and not an ounce of common sense among them. The US Federal Attorney is not much better. How long does it take to "evaluate evidence"? They are idiots. There is a meth problem - missing kids and not to mention real terrorists among us but these morons are spending incredible resources looking for pirated DVDs or something - they won’t even say - maybe they don't know!!
Are you vying for Idiot of the Month? This poster is in Canada. Now tell us all before we vote what does the FBI have to do with Canadian Law? :rolleyes:

Meanlife

Feds

BelizeBreeze - I was posting to Son of Slam who lives in Mexifornia. That is code for Califorina you jack-donkey. What does any of this have to do with living in Canada??

Bottom line is the Feds can seize property any where for no reason except they want it and we can do nothing about it.

BelizeBreeze

Meanlife said:
BelizeBreeze - I was posting to Son of Slam who lives in Mexifornia. That is code for Califorina you jack-donkey. What does any of this have to do with living in Canada??

Bottom line is the Feds can seize property any where for no reason except they want it and we can do nothing about it.
And the poster is from Canada you jerk.

So take your whinney poor me attitude to the local jail where it belongs :rolleyes:

Meanlife

You have got to be a Right-wing, Bush cool-aid drinking; the government is always right jack-donkey. Real people are smart enough to know what is happening. Now go goose-step around your neighborhood and wave a flag you fascist.

Some Random Guy

Meanlife: You have got to be a Right-wing, Bush cool-aid drinking; the government is always right jack-donkey. Real people are smart enough to know what is happening. Now go goose-step around your neighborhood and wave a flag you fascist.
And why are you attacking people for pointing out that the poster lives in Canada? this is a US Law site. Although the FBI was taking point on the warez investigation, the Canadians make their own arrests. Any seizure of Canadian equipment from a Canadian citizen by Canadian authorities is not a US Law issue.

BelizeBreeze

Meanlife said:
You have got to be a Right-wing, Bush cool-aid drinking; the government is always right jack-donkey. Real people are smart enough to know what is happening. Now go goose-step around your neighborhood and wave a flag you fascist.
I have an F word for you to thief.

Meanlife

Who is attacking who - all I first said is that the FBI stole my stuff and the reply I get is: "Are you vying for Idiot of the Month?" from the guy you think I am attacking??

What is wrong with you people??

Meanlife

BelizeBreeze

That does not surprise me. People of your low intellectual capacity use the "F" word because they don't know what else to say.

BelizeBreeze

Meanlife said:
Who is attacking who - all I first said is that the FBI stole my stuff and the reply I get is: "Are you vying for Idiot of the Month?" from the guy you think I am attacking??

What is wrong with you people??
We don't like criminals or post hijackers. AND we don't like idiots.

COngrats....you just got strike three :D

Meanlife

My orginal post, for those of you having trouble following concepts was to SON OF SLAM who basically called the original poster from Canada a criminal because he was raided by Canadain Authorities. The orignial poster was from Canada--but Son of Slam is from the U.S. and I was making my remarks to HIM. Got it, so far? I was sticking up for the guy in Canada who is getting screwed--because the FBI started this whole thing--and while they may be arresting and taking property from some criminal people--they are also doing the same thing to a bunch of innocent people. Do you honestly think the Feds never make mistakes? Talk to the family and friends of those butchered at Waco--talk to the husband of the wife shot holding her baby at Ruby Ridge. And for the Mexifornia dude--talk to the woman who lost her husband in your state, who was shot dead in Ventura county when the Feds raided his property on a bad tip and found nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">