• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warning for looking for job with client

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paulrbishop

Can anyone tell me where I stand if i make a 1 line enquiry that I "might" be interested in working for a client in the "future".
My bosses are talking about giving me a warning for doing this.
The only clause in my contract that affects this is:
While you work for an Employer and for a period of six months after leaving, you may not work directly for any client of The Employer for whom You performed activities as a result of this employment.

A

Attorney_Replogle

Your employer has a limited right to restrict your post-employment by having such non-competition clauses. They also have a right to have you be working on job related tasks rather than paying you to find a new employer. So on your own time you most certainly can set contact clients to discuss potential future employment consistent with your non-compete clause.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">