• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant in another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? california

my husband has a warrant out for his arrest in florida and we live in california, we called the police station and they said the only way to get rid of the warrant is to go to there station and turn himself in. Our problem is that we are in a different state we have no money and no way of getting there and the officer wont even tell us what the warrant is for exactly. Im just looking for advice on how to solve this problem. We have an idea on what the warrant is for and 2 weeks before this even became a problem we got a letter in the mail that said if we pay $125 that this will all go away. We paid it and then 2 weeks later we get a call from his brother saying that a cop stopped by looking for my husband. We told the officer about the paper and he said it isnt his problem. what should we do?


Senior Member
You can pay an attorney to handle it in FL, or, you can turn yourself in.

If the warrant is for a felony of some kind, and FL has indicated they will extradite for it, then CA will serve the warrant and hold your husband for extradition to FL. If it is for a minor matter (traffic and such) I seriously doubt that FL is going to pay to have hubbie transported back to FL.

However, the warrant doesn't go away. It can only be resolved by an arrest or a recall of the warrant by the court.

Your best bet might be to shell out for an attorney in FL to look in to the matter and how it can be resolved.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential