• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warrant in prior state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
I just received a warrant in the mail of my arrest. i believe its for a court date i had missed for housing. warrant is 100. i live in another state now and that is the reason i missed court. do i have to go through a bail bonds service to pay the bail of i can just call the police in nj and pay them?. i just want to avoid going court as it is expensive to travel back and forth.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
I just received a warrant in the mail of my arrest. i believe its for a court date i had missed for housing. warrant is 100. i live in another state now and that is the reason i missed court. do i have to go through a bail bonds service to pay the bail of i can just call the police in nj and pay them?. i just want to avoid going court as it is expensive to travel back and forth.
A court date for housing? Missing court because you live in another state is not a good reason. You should have went. You very well may have to travel to clear up this warrant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">