• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Texas-
How do I handle a warrant for a traffic ticket that was issued if the notice was sent to my parents' address?
I was driving my dad's company truck and was pulled over for speeding. Was given the ticket and went one my way. I then was told I had a warrant for my arrest and was very unaware of it. I found out the letters went to my parents house. I called the court to set up payments but they told me I had no warrant but to come to the court and set up payments. Can I just start making payments to the online system or should I show to court ask risk getting arrested

quincy

Who told you that you had a warrant for your arrest? Arrest for what? Failure to appear for a hearing on the ticket?

I received a letter stating there is a warrant and I looked my name up in warrant search and it came up. I then called the court to set up payment but they told me I did not have one but yet still wanted me to come to the court and set up payments. I just find that suspicious. If I have no warrant why do I go down to the court to set up payments on something that’s not there.

Just Blue

I received a letter stating there is a warrant and I looked my name up in warrant search and it came up. I then called the court to set up payment but they told me I did not have one but yet still wanted me to come to the court and set up payments. I just find that suspicious. If I have no warrant why do I go down to the court to set up payments on something that’s not there.
How long after receiving the ticket was it that a warrant was issued?

How long after receiving the ticket was it that a warrant was issued?
I received the letter August 8 ticket for speeding was given June 7, 2019then they said my ticket for the tint was given 5/7/2019 when I received it both in May. And then warrant says it was filed 5/14/19.

FlyingRon

Texas courts appear to vary in how you're handled when you show up. If they told you on the phone that they will set up a payment plan in person, then that's probably right. Which county are we talking about?

The best bet is to just scrape up the funds to pay the tickets and show up with that.

Travis county and yes the tickets I had addressed two days after with payments and have receipts for them. But I was going to go up there to show payments and receipts thank you for the advice though

FlyingRon

You've got me confused. If you have receipts showing you paid the tickets, why were you attempting to set up a payment plan?
Travis isn't in the habit of arresting people who are attempting to deal with warrants. You should be safe.

You've got me confused. If you have receipts showing you paid the tickets, why were you attempting to set up a payment plan?
Travis isn't in the habit of arresting people who are attempting to deal with warrants. You should be safe.
That’s what I tried to tell the lady of the court that I paid the tickets for the speeding and the tint and she said the I still needed to go down there and set them up. I did not miss a payment either

FlyingRon

Take your receipts to the court with you and if they won't deal with you ask for an appearance with the judge. They'll probably still make you sign up for a payment plan, but the judge can be more objective than the clerks.

Take your receipts to the court with you and if they won't deal with you ask for an appearance with the judge. They'll probably still make you sign up for a payment plan, but the judge can be more objective than the clerks.
Perfect I will do that, thank you for the help

Who told you that you had a warrant for your arrest? Arrest for what? Failure to appear for a hearing on the ticket?
I received the letter August 8 ticket for speeding was given June 7, 2019then they said my ticket for the tint was given 5/7/2019 when I received it both in May. And then warrant says it was filed 5/14/19. Travis county and yes the tickets I had addressed two days after with payments and have receipts for them. But I was going to go up there to show payments and receipts thank you for the advice though. That’s what I tried to tell the lady of the court that I paid the tickets for the speeding and the tint and she said the I still needed to go down there and set them up. I did not miss a payment either

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">