• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Warrant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• No

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard1

I have a bench warrant from a felony breach of trust more than 1000 less than 5000 in South Carolina Horry County 1997. Warrant was dropped re-issued June 2019. I'm not guilty but everyone says that. I'm in the Philippines will this show up at the airport if I fly home to VA hospital?I am a USA citizen.

LdiJ

I have a bench warrant from a felony breach of trust more than 1000 less than 5000 in South Carolina Horry County 1997. Warrant was dropped re-issued June 2019. I'm not guilty but everyone says that. I'm in the Philippines will this show up at the airport if I fly home to VA hospital?I am a USA citizen.
Are you saying that a warrant was dropped only to be reissued 22 years later? That really doesn't make sense. In any case, you really should consider hiring a US criminal attorney to delve into the matter to see if it can be resolved. Yes, its possible that the warrant could show up when you go through customs. It also might not.

Richard1

Are you saying that a warrant was dropped only to be reissued 22 years later? That really doesn't make sense. In any case, you really should consider hiring a US criminal attorney to delve into the matter to see if it can be resolved. Yes, its possible that the warrant could show up when you go through customs. It also might not.
Yes tried to get it dropped SC solicitor trying to make a name for himself opened archived cases issued new warrants

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Yes tried to get it dropped SC solicitor trying to make a name for himself opened archived cases issued new warrants
Tried? Or did it? Which is it?

You really need an attorney. Whether you are guilty or not is irrelevant as far as the active warrant is concerned.

quincy

Here is a link to a FreeAdvice staff written article on traveling with an outstanding warrant:
https://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/arrests_and_searches/Air-Travel-on-Outstanding-Warrant.htm
The legally-safest way for you to travel is to get the warrant quashed first. It could be unlikely that you are arrested at an airport on a warrant unless you are on the government's No Fly list, but the risk is there. With an outstanding warrant, you can be arrested at any time.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">