• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gls

First thanks for replying!
This is in PA. I bought a car used, it has a warranty. This involves a auotmobile MFG'r and dealer. First they want to charge me 150 dollars to transfer the warranty into my name before they will fix it and it will take atleast a week. Then thay tell me they can't transfer the warranty at all. thier reasoning is twisted and each time I call I get a different answer:
1. I'm not related to the first owner.
2. I'm the third owner and they will only transfer it once, even thought the second owner my nephew never transfered the warranty into his name to begin with which would make me the second warranty holder.
3. Now they won't do it period! Because they don't transfer warranties.
I know in PA that is illeagle, you must honor all warranties reguardless of who or how many people have owned it. The guarantee is on the item not the Purchaser.
Thank You.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gls said:
First thanks for replying!
This is in PA. I bought a car used, it has a warranty. This involves a auotmobile MFG'r and dealer. First they want to charge me 150 dollars to transfer the warranty into my name before they will fix it and it will take atleast a week. Then thay tell me they can't transfer the warranty at all. thier reasoning is twisted and each time I call I get a different answer:
1. I'm not related to the first owner.
2. I'm the third owner and they will only transfer it once, even thought the second owner my nephew never transfered the warranty into his name to begin with which would make me the second warranty holder.
3. Now they won't do it period! Because they don't transfer warranties.
I know in PA that is illeagle, you must honor all warranties reguardless of who or how many people have owned it. The guarantee is on the item not the Purchaser.
Thank You.

My response:

Okay . . .

Thanks for the information - - I guess.

IAAL

G

gls

Request for info.

I appologize for not asking the question. What can I do to make them honor the warrantied item. do you know of any particular statute I could photo copy and show or fax them?
Any hel is most appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">