• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

was i searched wrongfully

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hard_hat25

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?i live in Michigan and i was driving through town when a police officer turned around and followed me. my friends dad called and said he needed to be home. So we cut through the back of a store parking lot where we could take a road that would lead right to his house. We didnt even see the police car. He followed us and pulled me over for not making a complete stop. Then said he heard i had been involved in illigal drugs and said he had enough to search me b/c he said my adams apple was moving funny while i talked and it looked like we were running from him. i said no he couldnt search but he did and found 17 grams of weed in 1 bag in my glove box...and an empty box of bagies in the trunk. Did he have right to search me? could i be charged with intent so sell since he found an empty box of baggies in my trunk no bags in it though. i rolled my window down so we both could get the same story when he would question us and both had exam same. there was no smell of marijiuana or anything in plain site at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">