• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was my Due Process denied?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

secgat1212

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I just had a hearing on motion to stay and force arbitration. I am the defendant. The judge granted the motion to stay and arbitration. In my written response I brought up several things challenging the original arbitration agreement. I challenged the fact that the document submitted by the plaintiff was not the original document as well as challenged the arbitration clause as procedural and substantive unconscionable and illusory. The judge only looked at the arbitration document( that was unsigned). The plaintiff brought up that it was time stamped.I also challenge that in my response.
The judge never looked at any other document and did not allow me to argue my points although I attempted to. It took all of ten minutes for him to rule on the motion.
Can I appeal based on the fact that I was never given a chance nor did the judge ever hear any arguments.

This case is in collin county, Texas

FlyingRon

If your response to the motion was as full of gobbledygook as your post here, it's not surprising that you were ruled against. What makes you think you get to "argue" your points?

No you don't get to appeal your inability to understand and operate within the legal system.

secgat1212

If your response to the motion was as full of gobbledygook as your post here, it's not surprising that you were ruled against. What makes you think you get to "argue" your points?

No you don't get to appeal your inability to understand and operate within the legal system.
Really, that's the reply I get. No explanation of what I did not understand about the legal system.

Trying to reach out for understanding and you give me that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverplum

Really, that's the reply I get. No explanation of what I did not understand about the legal system.

Trying to reach out for understanding and you give me that.
No one here "owes" you a reply that explains in full what you did wrong in a closed court case.

Good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">