• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was served, what is the next step?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fourfrogsinavw

What is the name of your state? CA
I am helping my brother in law here. He was served with divorce papres Saturday. What is the next step? He has a son he wants to have physical custody of. He is still in the home. Does he need to file a countersuit? Does he need to file a response? I have advised him to stay in the home and contact a lawyer. Please help me. This is a good man and a good father.

LdiJ

fourfrogsinavw said:
What is the name of your state? CA
I am helping my brother in law here. He was served with divorce papres Saturday. What is the next step? He has a son he wants to have physical custody of. He is still in the home. Does he need to file a countersuit? Does he need to file a response? I have advised him to stay in the home and contact a lawyer. Please help me. This is a good man and a good father.
You already gave him the best advise. He needs to stay in the home and get an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">