• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

was the benificiary but was changed to unknown person 2months before he died?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

websurfer

What is the name of your state? california

my father just recently died. i was listed as the beneficiary of his cigna life insurance policy up until 2 months right before he died. the new beneficiary has absolutely no contact information and i have absolutely no idea who's name it is. its a vietnamese name so it may even be out of country. will it revert back to me? what will happen here?

rmet4nzkx

Contact the insurance company, they will investigate.

Was your father competent, ill or in any sort of care facility or had any sort of care taker? It is possible there is some sort of fraud or undue influence. you might also run th ename through online databases and courts databases.

websurfer

im not sure...i hadnt been in contact with him for some time before he died....im the only living next of kin. what will happen if they are never able to contact this unknown person?

rmet4nzkx

The insurance company should be able to tell you, perhaps he made a change and they were there. I've seen people put stranger or caregivers on a policy by accident, maybe someone filled it out for them. Let us know what they say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">