• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Washer/dryer machine service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nhlchick

What is the name of your state? California

Hi... could someone pleae advise me on this.

I have been living in the same apartment for three years. Initially I was on a LEASE agreement for one year. After the one year past on a month-to-month rental.

About six months after my lease period expired my landlord sent me notice that the washer/dryer machine (that was provided when I first moved in) would no longer be repaired/serviced/replaced. The notice stated I could continue to use it but I would pay for repairs. It also stated that I could bring in my own machine if I wished.

About six weeks ago the machine broke. He refuses to repair/replace it. Is the legal? What can I do??

Thanks for your help!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nhlchick said:
What is the name of your state? California

Hi... could someone pleae advise me on this.

I have been living in the same apartment for three years. Initially I was on a LEASE agreement for one year. After the one year past on a month-to-month rental.

About six months after my lease period expired my landlord sent me notice that the washer/dryer machine (that was provided when I first moved in) would no longer be repaired/serviced/replaced. The notice stated I could continue to use it but I would pay for repairs. It also stated that I could bring in my own machine if I wished.

About six weeks ago the machine broke. He refuses to repair/replace it. Is the legal? What can I do??

Thanks for your help!

My response:

Unless your current lease gives you the right to an "on-site" washer and dryer, then there's not a damn thing you can do.

Try a laundromat, or get your own washer and dryer from GoodWill. Geez, I donated a washer and dryer about 4 months ago. Maybe you can buy those?

IAAL

FarmerJ

Should you choose to buy your own appliances DO NOT discard the old ones with out sending your LL a written letter asking him to come and either set them out for a appliance pickup or haul them away himself . send the letter certified keep copy for self . If you get no answer consider storing them in a garage if you have the room . You dont need the LL making a claim that you got rid of his appliances when you do actually move out .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">