• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Water Bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uqu2020

What is the name of your state? Florida

I received a letter stating that due to a billing error I was being backed billed for water from august 2018. It looks like my account had been drafted for an incorrect amount. I never noticed because it comes out automatically from my back account. According to florida statue 25-30350 they're allowed to back bill me for 12 months in case of error, but the company is saying that they are back billing me for consumption instead of 481800 gallons of water that comes up to 2393. I went through all of my bills from 2014 to now and it looks like my usual bill is an average of $90 per month and they were already drafting from August 2018 an average of 40 per month. It doesn't make sense, can they do this? Can somebody help?

as a side note on July 2018 a tech came to my house because i hade inquire about an unusually higher bill, they did something to my meeter and now almost 2 years later i have this issue.

uqu2020

Who have you contacted so far about the billing? How was it explained to you?
Just the water company. Thats what they said...there was a billing issue where the meter wasn't sending the correct usage to their department since august 2018 so they need to back bill me for all the correct "consumption". When I asked if they were billing me for over 12 months they said no just what the meter is showing that you've consumed.

quincy

Just the water company. Thats what they said...there was a billing issue where the meter wasn't sending the correct usage to their department since august 2018 so they need to back bill me for all the correct "consumption". When I asked if they were billing me for over 12 months they said no just what the meter is showing that you've consumed.
I suggest you send a copy of the applicable Florida Statute to the water company with a letter stating that you want the company to review the amount of your water bill.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">