• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Water District Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kniles

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

My home is part of a town water district and I am billed for water services.

The water pressure/volume coming into my house is approximately half of what my nighbors and fellow water district homeowners get (for example, they can run 2 showers at once or flush the toilet and take a shower, while I can only run one shower at once). It has been confirmed that the problem is not within my house, but with the water coming in.

The town sent out a guy to look at it and he said they would come back and fix it. That was 4 months ago. I have been calling every week, and now every day. At first I got the runaround, now nothing.

My questions are what are my rights to get this remedied and how should I go about getting them to fix this?

Thank You

bradlm

Stay on the phone and hound everyone up the chain of command. Ask for each person's supervisor or who they report to. Take it to the city government. Find out how to file a complaint and do so. Always ask for the time frame to hear back (insist on today or tomorrow). Document every single call. Paper trail! You'll get attention and resolution if in face the problem is on their end.

Would love to know the outcome... post back any details!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">