• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wavehopper? You there? Re Child Supper two daddies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OP was in North Carolina, wavy's cite from MA

I really don't want to beat a dead horse, but there are significant differences between the MA and NC (where our OP was) statutes (and not just the fact that Ryan had no clue what he was doing).

In the MA case we had a de facto parent and a biological parent. The OP's case does not - but there's more to it.

What we have in Mass. is the de facto wanting to be the parent, and bio does not . The court was correct in assigning the CS obligation to bio - and the court isn't going to rule against de facto if he wants to voluntarily provide CS.

If de facto wanted out, you can bet your last dollar it would have been a different result.

Make sense?

All I was attempting to show was a case where 2 different "dads" were ordered to pay CS for the same child. I know that this has next to nothing to do with the original topic of that closed thread.

It was an effort, even if a lousy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">