• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WC Med Appointments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smilingjack

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

Do I have to allow a nurse or medical rep contracted by my employer to be in the examination room when I am seeing my doctor for an occupational injury? My employer said they would have a contracted rep accompany me during every visit to the doctor I have... Can they do this? I feel very uncomfortable with an outside onlooker watching me with my doctor. Thanks for any help on this!

C

CLYDE54

busy bobies

I had one appointed for my W.C. injury, I was informed I could see the Dr. and have her/him stay outside or he/she could come in the room with me,the choice is your's. I was also infirmed that he/she was for he Co. you work for ,the Co. pay's her/him, also the Dr. will tell her/him what all is going on i.e. problem's, weight restriction's stair climbing, light duty, hr's you can work appt. date's, follow up appt.etc.etc.They"re not saying (WE DON'T TRUST YOU),also if there's any lawyer's that will be involved the nurse A.K.A. certified case manager will have all and I repete all of the note's Dr's report,appt time's, date's,any thing you have to do with anyone related to the case,YOU GET COPY'S OF EVERY THING.W C should cover all of your medical,medicine's travel pay to and from anything to do with your case i.e. trip's to the Dr.,to physical therepy,to pick up your medicine. KEEP RECORD'S OF EVERYTHING PERTAINING TO THE CASE. If you need a lawyer(most do) don't get a T.V. one if you know what I mean. Good luck!

Beth3

smilingjack, sounds like the W.C. carrier has assigned a nurse case manager to your claim. Yes, they can do that and yes, that person may be present during examinations and discuss the medical findings with the doctor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">