• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

We lost Temp custody hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CClark

What is the name of your state? Georgia But Pertains to Oklahoma. We lost the temp hearing for Guardianship. The Judge we are told does not like change. The Hearing for the live-in boyfriends Petition for adoption is Sept the 11th we are desperate to get custody of this beautiful child. How likely is it that a judge would award perm custody of a 6 year old female to a single male? Please someone, anyone advise as soon as possible.

T

tdbird

is he the bio father? if so he has the rights the same as the bio mother. So more than likely if he is fit to raise the child he will gain full custody.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The question too is - how long were they together? Is this a man the child is bonded with?

kidoday

Who are you to this child? Where is bio mom, grandparents and dad? Major information needed in your post. We all know it says to be to the point, but to have anyone give advice there really needs to be more info.

C

CClark

CClark

Child Custody
What is the name of your state? Georgia my cousins had 2 children by his girlfriend one of the children and the girlfriend died in a fire one month ago the other child was left in the care of the new live in boyfriend he applied for emergency guardianship. I located the father after the funeral but he has been arrested and is in jail. The Family desperately wants custody.We are in Georgia the child is in Oklahoma. How hard will it be to get this guardianship away from this man who says they had a common law marriage. The Father is willing to give custody to his brother all Grandparents also do not want this man to be able to continue as guardian. Please Help with advice asap. Thanks

Last edited by CClark on 08-14-2002 at 05:44 PM

08-14-2002 09:23 AM

CClark

Thanks for the reply My cousins daughter is 5 years old. No the father has not had contact or paid child support. The paternal Grandmother in Georgia has only 4 letters she saved one letter is thanking her for the Christmas gifts for the children. The Maternal Grandmother has had constant contact with the child she is in Oklahoma she went with the Common Law Husband the day of the funeral of her daughter and grandson to get him the Temp custody, but has come out of her state of shock and is aware domestic disputes between this man and her daughter and no longer wants this man to have custody. We have a Probate hearing on Thursday Aug 29th please advise! The Father has already signed over custody to his brother and sister in law.

Last edited by CClark on 08-23-2002 at 09:59 PM

08-23-2002 09:38 PM

CClark

We lost the Temp Custody hearing we were told the judge does not like change. Someone else said it was because Oklahoma would have lost jurisdiction? The live-in boyfriend has also filed for adoption ( The Day of the funeral) the hearing is on Sept 11th. We have countered his adoption with the Bio Dads consent for his brother and sister inlaw to have custody and they have also filed for adoption. Would a judge give custody of a 6 year old female child to a single man when all the family on both sides back the Brother and Sister inlaw? We suspect the hearing on Sept 11 is to terminate the Bio Dads Parental rights our attorney did not even let us know about this hearing he called the maternal grandmother who is in Oklahoma sept 6 to get her to make an apperance in court. We are desperate and confused we do not want to lose this beautiful child. Please adivse as soon as possiable. We cant get a court date for the perm custody our attorney said at first it would be Oct or Nov. Now he is saying Nov or Jan. Please Help. Thanks

09-08-2002 05:46 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:57 AM.

C

CClark

Desperate Family Who Lost Temp Custody Hearing

Lost Temp Custody Hearing
What is the name of your state? Georgia. I am this childs cousin I am helping the Bio grandmother (MY Aunt) and her son and daughter inlaw, They are tring to get custody thier lawyer says it may be hard because Live in boyfriend has bonded with the child he lived with the Bio Mom for almost 3 yrs. The Bio Dad is in Jail for Drug Charges and is presently awaiting trial. He the Bio Dad has signed over custody to his brother and sister inlaw. But before our family in Georgia could get involved the live in boyfriend got Temporary Guardianship of the child. The live in boy friend also applied for adoption the same day he got temp guardianship. He did this the day of Bio Moms funeral. We have countered his adoption with Bio Dads brother and sister inlaw's petition for adoption. Thanks For any advice

09-11-2002 09:55 PM

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Okay.... So the b/f has been in the child's life for 3 years, and they have a bond - half her life. What sort of bond does she have with bioDad's brother? What position do bioDad and the rest of the family have with this child - are they close? (doesn't sound as though they are)

'Cause to be honest - if this is a person the kid is bonded to... she's already lost her mother & sibling...

N

njmom

I agree!!

with Momma Tiger!!.........Sounds like this child has had enough turmoil......why not let her be with the person she knows best!!
Sounds like her BioDad is a dead beat, and this man stepped up to the plate and took care of this child for the past 3 years.....I say leave the kid alone, its the only DADDY she probably knows. Now if the BioDad was not in prison, wouldn't the child be with a "single male"??????......Hey what would be the difference, its not like her real daddy was there for her and paid child support!

C

CClark

Desperate for Custody

I don't think you would feel that way if it were your child or Grand child. Or if you saw this child clinging to the Maternal Grandmother when she takes her back to the Boyfriends after visitation. Or if you could see the blank stare that comes into her eveys if you mention the boyfriends name. Or if your saw the infestation of head lice she has had since the mothers funeral July 15th. Thanks for your compassion

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Re: Desperate for Custody

CClark said:
I don't think you would feel that way if it were your child or Grand child. Or if you saw this child clinging to the Maternal Grandmother when she takes her back to the Boyfriends after visitation. Or if you could see the blank stare that comes into her eveys if you mention the boyfriends name. Or if your saw the infestation of head lice she has had since the mothers funeral July 15th. Thanks for your compassion
Then how can you say the child is bonded to this guy? Which is it? Is she, or isn't she?

N

njmom

ya know what???

It's people like you that make me not want to respond anymore!
If you said that from the beginning, perhaps we would have had a different perspective! What exactly does the word "bonded" mean to you CClark? Just maybe the child has a blank stare and clings to the grandmom because of the fact that the child is hearing the adults speak bad about him, and it doesn't take much to brainwash a 6 year old!.....Believe me!!

C

CClark

Child Custody

I never said she bonded with the Boyfriend. Even though I know she had to, you cant live with someone 3 yrs and not form some sort of bond even children who are abused bond with thier abusive parents. We have never said one word in a negative way about the boyfriend in front of this child. That is in your imagination. This man B/F did not step up to the plate as you say he sat on it while the Bio Mom supported the family he has worked 1 year of of the 4 the the Mom had know him. I thought this was for advice not criticism. But again thank you for your unbiased opinions, warmth, and compassion.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Re: Desperate Family Who Lost Temp Custody Hearing

CClark said:
the Live in boyfriend has bonded with the child he lived with the Bio Mom for almost 3 yrs.
yeah, you DID say he bonded with child! I really don't know what the hell you want us to tell you if you give us snippets of information and then get pissy. Lay it out - clearly and simply - and maybe we can help. But reposting the same thing with a few words changed and getting mad that we read what you wrote doesn't help this kid at all. Start over.

C

CClark

Child Custody

Mad I am not mad just desperate to help a child have a better life. I am sorry if I have not used the proper format I replied to your questions but for some reason you have your mind made up that this little girl should stay in a lice ridden enviormrnt for the rest of her life. If you can,t help me please just leave us alone we have enough grief to deal with with the Loss of Bio Mom and 7 year old child in the fire. Now this boyfriend trying to take all the maternal grandmother has left.

C

CClark

Child Custody

Did you not read the part about proof of domestic abuse of the Bio Mom. He said in court Bio mom was drunk he was DRINKING he was trying to restrain her fit of rage she bit him and he could not recall he might have bit her back she had 3 bite marks one on each shoulder and one on her back. Do you restrain someone by biting them? The maternal Grandmother knows he was very mean to the 7 year old brother. Again the maternal grandmother has been in this childs life since birth. The child has had scabies and paracites, still has lice so bad you dont even have to section the hair to find them. The social worker did not notice aleast 4 borded up windows in the 100 year old house where she visited the child or did not notice the nits in her hair. I dont know what else you want to know. I agree the bio dad is a dead beat the family can not help that none of us can control the actions of a grown man. What if there is a fire at this house how will you get out of boarded up windows? The Boyfriens also stated in court he had been a suspect at one point iconcerning the the fire. I have found proof he lied in the petition for guardianship the stated he and the bio mom were married in Oklahoma Nov 15th 1998 I found copies of his divorce papers from his first wife and he was not divorced till Mar 16th, 2001. He has an attorney representing him for free {maybe for some wrongful death suit will have a later pay off for his lawyer.) That why he seems to be trying to establish common law marriage and may be cling to this child. Not because of love and a pure heart.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">