• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

We Moved they messed up the paper work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Harliquin_Lynx

My husband and I recently moved from Ohio to West Virginia, we continued to pay our Life Insurance policy and requested that it be moved to the local office down here. The Ohio office got our payment but the information was not transferred to the West Virginia office, so the WV office considered that Delinquency of payment and took the liberty of canceling our policy. We fixed the problem of payment which they have admitted to be there fault. The WV office is now demanding that we take an oral swab test to determine our current health. Well we bought this policy over twenty years ago and since our health has deterioted in that time. They say it's like reinstating a policy and they need that information. We bought this policy twenty years ago to because our health was more optimal during those years. If the oral test doesn't go well can they refuse us insurance, or do they have the right to give it to us in the first place considering all of this is there fault anyhow. Please help us.

C

CIAA

Well, perhaps the most important thing is to keep the coverage in force.

There should have been a 30 day grace period to get the premiums paid and based on what you say, it seems that coverage would have been continuous. However, I'm sure there are more details to this story. An oral swab test is, to a great extent, disease specific and will not tell your overall health and this request sounds unusual. When was the premium due? Can you prove the Ohio office received the premium in time? Have you received anything in writing explaining why they still regard the policy as having lapsed when they admit they received the premium? You should contact your state department of insurance and ask for their help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">