• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

We need our money back!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waudet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia. My husband and I are disabled from a car accident and have multiple pain issues. 4 years ago we paid $4000.00 for a Craftmatic Adjustable bed. It is warranteed for the lift of the original owners. During the past 4 years the frame has broken in multiple places and is held together with bungee cords. The motors that raise the head, foot, and massager do not work so the bed cannot be adjusted at all. We only made the investment in this bed (we live on social security) because we thought it was a good bed and with a life warranty, we felt it would benefit us to purchase the bed. We have contacted the company on several occasions and the last time we spoke to someone (the end of 2007) we were told that Craftmatic was now owned by another company and they would not honor the warranty that was purchased with our bed. The bed is impossible to use, yet we cannot afford to get another one. We need quality support for the pain issues we have from the car accident. Is there any way that you know of that we can get at least 1/2 to 3/4 of our money back? Please don't say get an attorney b/c we cannot afford one. We would appreciate any information you can give us. Thanks...Ron Wendy Audette

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It appears to me that the local distributor is the one who gave you your warranty.
Perhaps you can try contacting Craftmatic directly. However, if they won't help you out, you may be out of luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">