• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Webpage prank

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brisby

I know this is bizarre... but on my web page I asked my visitors to send emails claiming a company's product was stuck in their anus to that company. It was purely for amusement. I would guess the company received anywhere from 5-20 of these emails. I did not say anything negative about the company or product in any way. It was obvious that this was just a joke to see how they would react. Somehow they found out and now are threatening to sue me.

They claim I "damaged our corporate image, falsely suggested a product liability defect, threatened unfounded litigation, interfered with our ability to service our customers, and harassed our workers with sexually explicit material."

Please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area, but do they really have grounds to sue me? I didn't force anyone to email them, are the emailers responsible or their own actions?

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">