• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Website Trying to Levy Against Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bjp2592

What is the name of your state? Georgia.

I subscribed to a website using a legitimate credit card that I owned. A few days later, I decided that I didn't like the site and canceled my subscription via the website. Of course, I had already been billed for the first month. This was as expected and fine with me; I just didn't want to get billed for additional months.

A few weeks later, for reasons totally unrelated to this, I canceled the credit card.

Approximately 30 days after I originally subscribed to the website, I received this (some content removed) email:

--------------------------------
LEGAL WARNING:

This is in regard to the credit card processor and Website listed above and is a notice of our intent to file criminal charges and add specific information into the national and international negative database pool and block internet traffic via originating ISP or website from the Class A IP block of origin. This decision is based upon obvious criminal activity.

BASIC COMPLAINT: You ordered access using criminal fraudulent means, purchased goods with a stolen or illegal credit card, and used the card with fraudulent intent. We therefore are required to file criminal charges. You have certain rights of which you should be aware. You may wish to seek legal council. If you are in any doubt of the validity of this message you need to visit our website located at:

http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com

There is no reason for response. The action will be filed.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do I need to get an attorney? If so, what kind? Emails to this company have gone unanswered. What, if anything, should I do about this???

Thanks!

M

michael parks

Fraud is NOT when you cancelled the credit card...

Fraud is when you dont pay the outstanding balance on the card.

So if your credit card balance is ZERO, they cant do anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">