• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WEDDING DAY DRAMA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DIVA1203

I WAS PLANNING MY WEDDING AND HAD PAID FOR MY RECEPTION HALL IN FULL 3.5 MONTHS IN ADVANCE. THEY WERE MAKING SOME INTERIOR CHANGES & THE OWNER ASSURED ME THAT ALL CHANGES WOULD BE COMPLETED BY MY DATE. I WENT BY 1.5 MONTHS LATER & MINIMAL WORK HAD BEEN DONE. AGAIN, HE ASSURED ME THAT ALL THE WORK WOULD BE DONE. MY FIANCE' & I DECIDED THAT WE WOULD WAIT A WHILE LONGER TO MARRY. WHEN I CALLED THE OWNER, HE SAID THAT HE WOULD CHANGE THE DATE, BUT MADE NO MENTION OF REFUNDING ALL OR PART OF MY $$. WE SET ANOTHER DATE & HE ASSURED ME THAT THE CHANGES WOULD STILL BE DONE BY MY ORIGINAL DATE. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN. SO I TOLD HIM I WANTED TO GET MY $$ BACK & SAID I COULD ONLY GET 1/2 UNLESS HE COULD BOOK THE DATE, THEN I COULD GET ALL OF IT BACK. I CONTINUOUSLY CALLED WITH NO RESPONSE. I FOUND OUT LATER THAT HE WAS IN A LEGAL BATTLE OVER THE BUSINESS. I FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH HIM & HE SAID THAT HE WOULD GET MY $$ TO ME. I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HIM SINCE. THE BUSINESS HAS BEEN SOLD. WHAT OPTIONS DO I HAVE?

ALawyer

I am sorry that your wedding was marred by this heartless guy. Sue him and the new owner in small claims or a higher court depending on the amount of the damages.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

D

DIVA1203

Thanks for the advice. How should I go by getting a suit started in small claims court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">