• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding Photo Delay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

micheleg77

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? AZ

I have been waiting for wedding photos for quite some time now, and I have been more than patient; however, I am just about fed up! The latest is the design of our wedding album, which was paid in full July 15, 2005. This was supposed to take about a week or so, but still is not finished as of Sept 7 (only 18 hours of labor claimed to be needed). The excuse is that his father has had recent health problems. I am sympathetic to his situation, but frankly I find his personal life to be none of my business. These health problems didn't begin until 2 weeks after our agreement. He now refuses to call me back regarding status, so I keep calling and leaving extremely polite messages. Unfortunately, he has gotten upset that I have not just kept quiet and has informed me (in an extremely unprofessional and nasty manner) that it will be ready when it's ready and he will tell me when that is--and that I should not call again until he contacts me. This is not an adequate solution for me...I can't just wait for him for another 6 months! The wedding was in March, my photographer is paid in full, and I have absolutely nothing to show for it.

My question therefore is, if the contract has no time for performance, what would be considered a reasonable time? How can I proceed at this point? If I upset him too much, he won't do a great job on my album (which requires a great deal of creativity). Can I get the cost of an album from another photographer from him? Will he be required to give me my negatives (which I already paid for and don't have)?

Crazed98

Freelance photographers like that take a long time to finish any project because to make any money they must work a lot and pick up jobs whenever they can.

You are defiantly right that if he is upset with you he will not do as good of a job on your album.

I don't know the exact legalities but you can sue for your pictures back and some of the money you already gave him. Because remember some of that money was used in the equipment he used and the film. That process will be long and tedious and the photographer will be reluctant to go to court and miss other appointments he has causing a bigger headache for you.

You should have researched for a better photographer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">