• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding Reception Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Denise Witte

north carolina.i gave an estimate of 150 people for a wedding rec.i was told to call in advance to give a final count and they would adjust the food and everything. i called 12 days in advance. told them 110 people, the day of the wedding there were 11 tables(so the adjusted from150/15 tables)i just figured the food was adjusted also. two weeks after the reception i received the bill and i was charged for 150 people. when i suggested they might have made a mistake they said that i was to make sure i told them to adjust the food. that was not what the contract states. I was to give them 72 shors notice of any changes or i was to pay the estimated amount..i called 12 days in advance. then i get aletter stating they are going to give me $100. off because one of the mgrs. is a friend for 25 years of one of my guests. this just cut me to the bone.
need to know if i can do anything about this group of liers.
I guess what i am asking is what can i do leagly to have this bill "fixed" to show the correct amout that i was to pay for the amount of people that i requested ? Just not pay the full amount? and let them take me to court? wil this not hurt my credit in the long run? HELP!!!!

[Edited by Denise Witte on 05-11-2001 at 10:54 PM]



Wedding catering

If you have a written contract that you would have to pay the estimated amount unless you gave them 72 hours notice, and you gave them 12 days notice, then you lived up to the contract about the notice and you should only have to pay them for the 110 people. That is unless the contract has other terms that give you a responsibility that you did not maintain. However, you have a real problem here. Since you spoke to them on the phone, you don’t have proof of the notice. If they deny it, then you lose the case.

However, there is one thing you might consider trying, and that is to get an attorney to write them a letter on your behalf. They might then agree to terms.

At any rate, don’t pay the bill while it is in dispute.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential