• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Weed possession w/ firearm.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Earl6

HI i also just got arrested for having a pistol in my vehicle with like 10 grams of weed and was also released . Thanks for any help.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
you will need to give more info to get a reasonable answer.
Starting with the state in which this took place. Was the pistol concealed? Do you have whatever permits your state or local law requires for the pistol?

Having a gun along with illegal drugs is often a bad combination, as it can lead to enhanced charges. I think you'd do well to consult a criminal defense attorney.

Last edited:

quincy

HI i also just got arrested for having a pistol in my vehicle with like 10 grams of weed and was also released . Thanks for any help.
What is the name of your state, Earl?

Do not talk to the police. Speak only to your attorney.

Watch this video:

Earl6

The state was arizona, to my understanding concealed carry is permitted her with out a cc permit. The pistol was laying on the transmission hump in the cab of my truck not necessarily hidden but not in plain sight. It's not even my pistol, my father left it in my vehicle after our hunting trip and I never got around to taking it out. I wasn't finger printed, they took my picture and released me with a paper to retrieve my fire arm in the event of the charges possibly being dropped after the county attorney decides how he wants to prosecute.

PayrollHRGuy

The state was arizona, to my understanding concealed carry is permitted her with out a cc permit. The pistol was laying on the transmission hump in the cab of my truck not necessarily hidden but not in plain sight. It's not even my pistol, my father left it in my vehicle after our hunting trip and I never got around to taking it out. I wasn't finger printed, they took my picture and released me with a paper to retrieve my fire arm in the event of the charges possibly being dropped after the county attorney decides how he wants to prosecute.
While true that AZ does allow both open and concealed without a permit it does not allow possession of a firearm and illegal drugs at the same time. What exactly is your question?

quincy

So in your vehicle you had a gun that was not registered to you and 10 grams of weed.

Where was the weed found?

quincy

Hey, Quincy, pssst.

There is no gun registration in AZ.
Ahh. How odd. Thanks for the correction (although technically I suppose my statement was still correct). ;)

I will revise:

So in your vehicle you had your dad's gun and 10 grams of weed.

Where was the weed found?

xylene

If your defense to possing the firearm is 'cavalierly forgetting about it'...

Well that is not a good defense. You need to work with your lawyer.

Earl6

The weed was in my possession. Officer asked me if I had any weed on me I said yes. Was pulled out and as I was being pulled out I informed the officer there was a fire arm in my vehicle ahead of time. My question is, what charges may I be facing, and does the fire arm not being mine possibly make the charges be any less serious.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">