• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Weekly Rentals In Tennessee Question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mi32mi32

What is the name of your state (Tennessee)?
About 3 yrs ago my friend was living in a pay by week furnished motel room in nashville,tn did so for 2 yrs same room. He was arrested for a outstanding warrant. He wrote a letter to the manager and relayed a message to a friend as to such..saying please hold my stuff someone will pick it up within the week . Well after 6 days his car, titled in his name and all of his possesions was sold or given away. Is this leagal? What recouse does he have now he is out 3yrs later?

Thanks in advance

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (Tennessee)?
About 3 yrs ago my friend was living in a pay by week furnished motel room in nashville,tn did so for 2 yrs same room. He was arrested for a outstanding warrant. He wrote a letter to the manager and relayed a message to a friend as to such..saying please hold my stuff someone will pick it up within the week . Well after 6 days his car, titled in his name and all of his possesions was sold or given away. Is this leagal? What recouse does he have now he is out 3yrs later?

Thanks in advance

He has no recourse 3 years later. he had no recourse 3 weeks later. a motel is in no way obligated to keep store or secure any belongings left when someone stops paying them.

Weekly motel homes opperate under the same rules as motels and hotels,.

You have no rights, you have no recourse, and its a easy come easy go kind of place.

Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">