• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Well Company drilled well on neighbors property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hbr75

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I had a new house put in and contracted through the home company to have a well dug. I marked where the well was supposed to go, but when i got back in town from traveling for work i learned they were drilling in the wrong place. I asked them why they were drilling there, and they replied that they didnt see my sign and just backed up and dropped the drill.

My sign was approx. 1 foot by 3 foot and was marked with WELL in big letters...

They were budgeted at 6,000 but ended up coming back with a 10,000 bill. Not only this after the fact i realized that the well is not even on my property. My neighbor had questions and had the property resurveyed and sure enough the well is about 10 foot on his side of the line. IF they had drilled it where i wanted the well, I would have been fine.

On top of all of this, I now have a$10,000 well that is worthless. I cant drink it or use it for cooking, etc because it has so much metal in it. Has a foul smell, Breaks my skin out, and is ruining my appliances. Ive quoted and it is going to cost me approx. 3 to 5 thousand dollars to get a filter system.

Curious what my options might be. thanks!

PayrollHRGuy

Get a lawyer. Show him the contract you signed. I assume you had a contract?

But what makes you think that a well drilled 10 feet in any other direction would provide water that doesn't have to be filtered?

hbr75

Get a lawyer. Show him the contract you signed. I assume you had a contract?

But what makes you think that a well drilled 10 feet in any other direction would provide water that doesn't have to be filtered?
Where the well was drilled was actually about 50 ft off from where i had marked for the well to be drilled. Thats not the biggest issue right now. My biggest issue is that i paid 10k for a well that isnt even on my property and trying to fig out how to handle it. I have the contract from the home company where i agreed to use their well people, but nothing from the well company... this was my first time making a purchase, or dealing with anything like this. - Thanks for your time

xylene

In the future, when doing expensive home work, be there personally or have your agent there.

You need a lawyer.

Honestly however - the bad water quality is just poop icing on a... etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">